Monday, September 7, 2026

Chest Master Study - Blockout Thoughts

My Reference by Eleanore Falck

  Block out of a master study of a chest asset for class. Rendered in Zbrush. The challenge here is to be as accurate as possible from limited reference material. 

 
    I tend to do my blockouts in Zbrush. I like having access to all of my sculpting tools, even on less organic pieces like this. I use the crease edges/dynamic subdiv workflow to achieve these results. Zmodeler is obtuse, but highly effective once you get the hang of it. 
 

Remember to set your scale!

    ---

    I'm going to attempt to rig this chest to open and close, as well as get the VFX present in game running as well. I have to work on an accelerated time table to achieve this. Currently midway through the high poly sculpt. Progress below. I should be able to wrap up this and the retopology this week, provided Covid doesn't knock me out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment